Thursday 3 December 2009

Who Loves A Bargain....

...I certainly do!

I'm sure every girl likes to be pleasantly surprised by a product. Today was no exception, I overcame the embarrassment of purchasing a Shout magazine because I was intrigued by the free Flash Lash set of metallic mascaras that came with it, you get a blue, purple and silver. Now the magazine itself costs £2.30 which means you are effectively getting the mascaras for about 76p each (If like me you have no actual interest in the magazine itself) I put the colours on the back of my hand fully expecting them to have no colour pay-off at all, but they look pretty. We'll see how they measure up on my actual lashes.

Then there is the supermarket Tesco and their cheap range of cosmetics called All About Face. Each product be it a lipstick or a nail polish is usually priced at £1.49, remarkably good value I've decided upon swatching the items I bought in the 3 For £3 offer, making the bargain absolutely fantastic.

I got a bright blue eyeshadow which has what looks like a slight green undertone and some silver reflects (shade name Blue Lagoon). A blusher powder which is a peachy coral again with an element of shimmer, but, it's very subtle (shade name Bronze) Finally there is the silver self sharpening cream eyeshadow pencil, I don't think this product has a shade name - there seemed to only be a choice between the silver or a cooper anyway. Now, these products come in very simple packaging as you can expect from a budget brand. However the make-up itself it beautiful. The colour pigmentation is quite phenomenal and the label even has a recommended throw away date that takes away any guess work in if the product is still safe to use, this is something I don't recall seeing on make-up packaging before, needless to say I'm impressed.

Effectively, first impressions lead one to believe that I've gotten 6 products for the small price tag of £5.30 today, all of which seem to be quite good.

Chuffed? Of course I am!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Until next time x

0 comments:

Post a Comment