Monday 8 February 2010

IMATS in Pictures

So, I had a great time at IMATS London. I enjoyed Eve Pearl's class/talk on make-up for women of colour (she was funny and informative) Meeting Nic from Youtube's Pixiwoo and also Koren Zander (Enkore Make-up) and Alex Box was amazing. I can't get over how nice everyone was! I bumped into a couple Twitter peeps as well.


I bought from Illamasqua, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics and MAC Pro. I also picked up a pair of really nice false lashes from Fero. I went to the MAC store inside Westfield as well while out and about with a friend I visited while in London and bought a Coppering pro pan and a Fluidline in the shade Wave Line (stunning deep blue black with a hint of purple)

While I was away my nail polishes I'd ordered on the Friday morning arrived from Models Own.

IMATS buys:

Illamasqua - Virus powder eyeshadow, Furore pure pigment, Frenzy Intense lipgloss, Tantrum sheer lipgloss, Scandal lipstick.

MAC Pro - Violetta lipstick (amplified creme), Pro eyeshadows in the shades: Atlantic Blue, Vibrant Grape, Red Brick, Bright Sunshine, Pro powder blush in Burnt Pepper

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Lip Tar in shades NSFW and Melange

As I said previously I had the pleasure of coming home to a little black box from Models Own which contained the 5 beautiful and colourful nail polishes I'd ordered before leaving for London. Model's Own were doing a generous 50% off deal on orders over £25.00 and so I ended up getting the five polishes for the price of 2 effectively with free shipping on top - brilliant!

The shades I bought from Models Own were - Orangeade, Slate Green, blue Gem, Purple Poppy and Lemon Sherbet. I am really feeling bright colours these days. I think I mentioned before than I think I'm rebelling against the grey winter here in the UK by doing a throw back to the 80s and wearing vibrant colours. Case in point the fact I dared to wear an orange lipstick recently.

To wrap up I just had the most amazing time at IMATS and would really love to go again next year, hopefully by then I'll be a professional and not just a girl who is passionate about beauty and fashion. How nice it must be to get paid to do something you love and to make a career of making things and people look and feel beautiful.

Now for the pictures!!!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

(click an image for full size)

So tell me, did you go to IMATS? What presentations did you watch, what did you buy are you going to go again?

Video coming soon! x


0 comments:

Post a Comment