Tuesday 23 February 2010

Woes of Skincare

So I gave it a fair run, at first I thought it was love and have since tried to keep that new product infatuation alive and kicking. But alas it seems it is not meant to be. I'm talking about my Clinique Blemish Solutions 3 step skincare routine. Perhaps as a girl always on the hunt for magic in a bottle I was destine to end up disappointed. But, who of us really can say with absolute sincerity that we are not always on a mission for the perfect, miracle product?

So, I say with an almost heavy heart that once my Clinique products are used up, I shall not be repurchasing.

I need to remind myself that a higher price tag doesn't automatically mean a better product, sometimes quite the contrary. With that said I have opted to sort of go back to basics and while in Tesco Supermarket I picked up a couple of things from the Nutrogena Visibly Clear range to try out, I'm going to be testing out the 2 in 1 wash and mask, spot stress daily scrub and the spot stress control lotion. These products seem to have a good reputation consistent enough to warrant giving them a chance.


I will update in a couple of weeks or so in order to give them a fair trial with how happy I am about how my skin looks.

I couldn't resist picking up a couple nail polishes while I was in there. Wet n Wild nail color to be precise, I got them in the shades Frosted Fuschia and Denim Chrome. What I love about these already (without even wearing them) is that they are formaldehyde free and contain vitamins A, C & E, not bad for £1.99 each. They also claim, as do many brands, to be chip resistant - I'll see about the staying power when it comes to actually wearing them. I'll be painting my nails with the Frosted Fuschia tomorrow as my nails are currently coming to the end of a few days "breathing space" from the usual painting and removing cycle a girl who quickly gets bored can expect to go through.

Photobucket

Watch this space for an update on the performance of both the skincare and the nail polish.

Until then, love to all my fashion and beauty fanatics x

0 comments:

Post a Comment