Thursday 8 October 2009

Sleek Surprises

So, today I went and had a gander at the cosmetics that are currently available to me in my local town centre. I was thrilled to discover that my local branch of Superdrug has started to stock Sleek cosmetics. I’ve heard some wonderful things about their gel eyeliners and also seen a good review in the beauty pages of their eye shadow palettes. As a drugstore brand the products are of course good value for money. A gel eyeliner will only set you back about £4 which when compared to the price of say a MAC fluid line, you’ve got yourself a nice bargain there!

Today was also a day of surprises, my Mum did me the honour of handing me a purple gift bag, which when I looked inside contained two very nice pairs of earrings. I’ve taken the liberty of photographing them to share with my readers (although not sure how many of those I have in these early days of blog writing)

I would also like to rave about Lush King of the Mods hair gel, smells strong in the pot fair enough, but on the hair is a subtle almost fruity citrus scent which I love and when applied to towel dry hair and combed through leaves me with a head of beautifully defined frizz free curls - which as a girl of ethnic background definitely makes this a star hair styling product as I’ve figuratively gone to the ends of the Earth in the hunt for the perfect product to provide me with the luscious curls I craved once I made the decision that wearing my hair straight was quite frankly a chore and definitely put me into the High Maintenance bracket of women.
Photobucket
I also tried out AllThatGlitters21 (Elle) on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/allthatglitters21 Vaseline trick as I was wearing a pair of boots today that still require some breaking in and it totally worked! So thank you to her for the “stop shoes hurting you with Vaseline” tip provided on her channel.

Photobucket

Information from the Lush site

A soft-hold gel which smells like sherbet sweets.
Really seriously excellent soft-hold styling gel. The grapefruit and lime will wake you up and get you ready for a party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment